How appealing is your bedroom? Is it just a room with the basic furniture pieces you need – a bed, one bedside cabinet (or small bedside table), a dressing table, a chair, and a chest of drawers (or not)? Yes, you may have all the basic furniture you need in your bedroom, but how visually pleasing is it?
Décor Ideas to Enhance Your Bedroom1. Paint – Give the room a new coat of paint. You can choose to go with a relaxing colour scheme that evoke calming thoughts, or vibrant colours that can arouse high-spirited feelings. Set the mood of the room with a monochromatic colour or two complementing or contrasting hues.
2. Headboard - Use a creative headboard that will make the wall it’s placed against the focal point of the room. Having a wall that serves as a focal point in a bedroom sets a good starting point for decoration. You can work outwards from there.
3. Wall Decal - If you don’t have (or don’t want) a headboard, use an elaborate wall sticker (wall decal). Decals used in place of headboards make a good statement. They are bold and attractive enough to draw instant attention.
5. Bedside table lamps – Get a couple of decorative table lamps and set them on the bedside cabinets. Add figurines, mementos, cute framed pictures and the like.
6. Footstool – These make great additions to your bed. They come as upholstered (or not) benches, box chests with or without a top cushions that serve as storage, or a carved wooden chest you picked up at a garden sale. As boxed chests, they can serve as storage for linen, blankets, odds and ends, or anything else you wish. They also give a nice feel to the room and make a bed look ‘dignified’.
8. Area rug – having a runner rug on each side of your bed is a great addition to a drab room. Make sure it’s nice and colourful so it stands out conspicuously against your hard floor. It is important to ensure it’s is co-ordinated with colours, textures and patterns of other furnishings in the bedroom.
9. Framed artwork – Chose a strategically placed wall to hang some great wall art. Depending on what you desire, it can be a colourful painting that ties with a couple of colours in the bedroom. It can also be some vintage inspired black and white artwork or some inexpensive tapestry look-alike that you can hang on the wall.