Image created by viryabo
Give Your Bathroom the Spa Treatment
With simple chic finishes and accessories, it's easy to make your bathroom spa-like. When we think about spas, the first thought that comes to mind is the room's aroma as we walk in and the softly flickering candles. The calming and soothing scents help you go into a tranquil mode.
To create a spa-like bathroom, think relaxation with scented candles, beautiful plants, calming scents, bath salts, white robes, aromatherapy, and sets of white fluffy towels.
If you think your bathroom lacks style and needs livening up, or you just desire an exotic change, give it the spa treatment that won’t "send you to the cleaners". It will turn out a great makeover even if yours is within a small space and make the room appear like a mini-resort of sorts, right within your home.
Things You Need to Create a Home Spa
Have you ever visited a spa? I’m sure if you have, you’ll find that a visit can be a bit pricey for many of us, that is if we enjoy such treatments a few times each month.
If you still wish to be pampered and attended to, you can visit a spa once in a while, but wouldn’t it be nice to treat yourself a few times a week, preferably at night when you are all done with household chores, to a spa treatment? Certainly, you'll love this and it's not so hard to achieve.
Affordable items you will need to create that decor includes the following:
- Wall decals with prints or quotes typically found at spas
- A set of white towels
- A white bath robe
- Pair of slippers (flip-flops will do)
- Bath and body oils like lavender that relaxes (great before bedtime), grapefruit that revives, tea tree and eucalyptus that revitalises, and chamomile that calms the mind
- Elegant glass jars for your bath salts, oils, bubble bath, body scrubs, Epsom salts, etc…
- Small jars of scented candles or floating candles in clear dishes of water
- CD's of soothing relaxing music with calming sounds of nature
- Sea shells, smooth pebbles, and colourful stones
- Bowl of flowers (artificial, natural, or dried plants) and potted green plants in basket-like planters
Pamper Yourself in Your New Spa Themed Room
To get a wholesome effect, give yourself a massage with self-massage tools that you can buy cheap, facials with ingredients from your pretty jar collections, and body exfoliating treatments. These are the kind of treatments you'll get in a commercial spa without the high cost associated with them.
Once you’ve finished your bathroom spa pampering, dry yourself with your white towel, oil or moisturise your body with special oils you can buy or mix by yourself, wrap yourself in your white fluffy robe, and put on your slippers.
And don’t forget to blow out the scented candles before you leave the bathroom.