Ways to Use Accent Chairs
It really all depends on a combination of the overall look you wish to achieve and where you intend to place it (them). Depending on the general style of your interior space (modern, classic, eclectic), choosing the right scale, style, and colour of accent chair shouldn’t pose a problem.
- Make up a cosy nook in a corner of the room
- Use as a single chair that serves as a great companion for the sofa
- Set it up as a private seating area with a small coffee table and reading lamp
- Looks nice when set in place as “duo seating” (with a little round top table) at the foot of your bed
- Use an accent chair as a fireplace seat, a tranquil place to curl up with a book
- Use them as interior décor items that give other furniture pieces a sense of balance
- Great as a lone chair for the hallway, or as seating in a wide empty passageway
- Your balcony will look visually appealing if furnished with accent chairs
|Beautiful Accent Chairs from Mayfair|
A Few Basic Rules
Best rules to follow are to first ensure you pick the right patterns. If your sofa is a solid colour you can enhance it with accent chairs in bold patterns and prints. A room that is lack-lustre will need some spicing up and the best way to ‘zing-up’ a dull room is by adding patterned accent chairs.
Next is the style, which must not be too divergent from the style of the rest of the room. Pick the right style that compliments your other furnit8ure. You’ll need to decide whether it should be a recliner which works well in a contemporary setting, wing chairs if you have classic style furniture, or slipper chairs that can transform your home décor setting into something out of the Victorian era.
Finally, you must pick the right kind of material with the right kind of texture. If your sofa is upholstered with leather for instance, your accent chairs can be colour co-ordinated velvet, damask, cotton, or wool.
Accent Chair Styles
1. Slipper chair (arm-less)
2. Wing-back chair (winged sides, tall backs)
4. Tub chairs
5. Bergère (wood frame surround, upholstered seat and back)
6. Club chair (deep armchair)
7. Chaise longue
8. Rocking chairs
9. Occasional chair (usually arm-less, easy to move around)
|Accent Chair Designs and Styles Online|
Best Fabrics for Accent Seats
The best kinds of materials for accent chairs are natural fabrics. However, natural materials are not as durable as synthetic ones for obvious reasons. Most who prefer the natural often select them for their attractiveness and luxurious comfort.
Man-made synthetic fabrics used for upholstery are harder-wearing but whatever the purpose the chair is meant for, durability is generally a top concern for most individuals.
- Polished cotton
- Blend of man-made and natural fabrics
So whether you are searching for a “Hollywood Regency inspired” piece or a 17th century bergère accent chair to add pizzazz to your living space, it is certain that you are desirous of something that is not only aesthetically pleasing, but one that lies within a budget-friendly price range.
It’s true that furniture pieces can often be expensive but because you want something stylish doesn’t mean you want to compromise on sturdiness. So to find a great style that matches your budget, you may need to check out online outlets.
Online stores have hundreds of accent chairs to choose from. No physical store can give you such a vast selection to choose from. With such large inventories found in shops on the internet, you’ll ultimately find those that will fall within your budget and still satisfy your personal taste.